Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hoback Shield


Zach, Don, and Dawn came up for the weekend - I drilled with Don for a year in St. George and taught him and his boy Zach how to climb after we all ended up in Salt Lake City a year later. These guys are a lot to me, when you work hard with someone you can't help but get close. 10 hrs a day Don and I got to know everything about each other. When I got to SLC Zach was having a rough time in school and I heard about that too. Climbing clicked with him and became his reward for showing up at school. It's been amazing to see what a really small amount of time, just a few hours a month for a winter. Seeing these guys was a nice reminder of why I'm here. Zach is doing lots better even without me there to haul him to the gym once or twice a month which is expected because he has parents that care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teton Boulder Project

Teton Boulder Project

Symmetry Spire

Symmetry Spire